The Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival, in partnership with Artel Gallery, is excited to announce a new grant opportunity for emerging artists. The purpose is to provide support and exposure for two new artists.
- Available to Escambia/Santa Rosa County full-time residents.
- You may apply in any medium. If you are applying in more than one medium, you must submit an application for each one.
If you have previously worked in another medium, you may apply in your new medium if you meet all other criteria, including no more than two festivals.
Application and photos must be submitted together in an email.
- The application must include no more than 200 words about your artwork, including the process.
- Application and photos must be submitted together in an email.
- The grant waives all GGAF entry fees ($40 jurying fee, $300 booth fee).
- Because this is not a juried entry, you will not be able to compete for award money.
- A 10x10 tent will be provided, along with signage, for the show. The two artists will share this space. You will be required to provide a short bio and photo for display.
- You must have enough artwork for the three-day show, Nov. 6-8, 2020.
- GGAF will retain no portion of your sales, but you will be responsible for collecting and reporting state and local sales tax (7.5%).
- Upon selection, you will be assigned a mentor to help you prepare for the show and must meet with the mentor and committee members in June or July.
- Selection does not guarantee acceptance into the 2021 GGAF show: You would need to apply; however, the $40 jurying fee will be waived if you participate in the 2020 show.
- As part of the grant, you will be required to visit at least one school in either Escambia or Santa Rosa County to discuss your work prior to the festival.
- If selected, you would not be able to apply for the grant next year.
- You may not have participated in more than two festivals.
- If you are selected and cannot participate, you must notify Randy New, [email protected], by Oct. 20 or you will be required to pay GGAF $100. You will also be required to pay the 2021 jurying fee, should you apply to next year’s show.
The application deadline is April 30, 2020.
Please download the application for more information.
You will be notified of selection or non-selection around May 14, 2020