The Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival, in partnership with Artel Gallery, is excited to announce the eighth year of a grant opportunity for emerging artists. The purpose is to provide support and exposure for a new artist. For further information about GGAF Emerging Artists, contact Randy New, EmergingArtists@ggaf.org.
- Available to Escambia/Santa Rosa/Okaloosa County full-time residents.
- You may apply in any medium. If you are applying in more than one medium, you must submit an application for each one.
- You may not have participated in more than two festivals.
- If you have previously worked in another medium, you may apply in your new medium if you meet all other criteria, including no more than two festivals.
- The application must include no more than 200 words about your artwork, including the process.
- Application and photos must be submitted together in an email.
- The grant waives all GGAF fees ($40 jurying fee, $350 booth fee).
- Because this is not a juried entry, you cannot compete for award money.
- A 10x10 tent will be provided, along with signage, for the show. You will be required to help set up the booth Nov. 2nd and tear down the booth Nov. 5th. You must provide a short bio and photo for display.
- You must have enough artwork for the three-day show: Nov. 3-5, 2023. You must also be present throughout the festival to display your own work. No proxies allowed. However, a booth sitter will be available if you need to leave the booth for a short time.
- GGAF will retain no portion of your sales, but you will be responsible for collecting and reporting state and local sales tax (7.5%).
- Upon selection, you will be assigned a mentor to help you prepare for the show and must meet with the mentor and committee members in June or July.
- Selection does not guarantee acceptance into the 2024 GGAF show: You would need to apply; however, the $40 jurying fee will be waived if you participate in the 2023 show.
- s part of the grant, you will be required to visit at least one school in either Escambia or Santa Rosa County to discuss your work and report on the visit at either the October 2nd or 16th GGAF meeting.
- If selected, you would not be able to apply for the grant next year.
- If you are selected and cannot participate, you must notify Randy New, EmergingArtists@ggaf.org, by Oct. 20 or you will be required to pay GGAF $100. You will also be required to pay the 2024 jurying fee, should you apply to next year’s show.
- If selected, you must be willing to “pay it forward” by mentoring a 2024 emerging artist.
As part of the notification process, one artist will be wait-listed. If the selected artist cannot participate, the wait-listed artist will take their place.
Application deadline: April 30, 2023
You will be notified of selection or non-selection around May 14, 2023.